Wednesday, December 07, 2005

GA DOT Plans I-16/I-75 Overhaul In Macon

As posted on the Yahoo! Group seroads by "Dino H." of Macon, GA...

After major accidents, major bottlenecks, immense and growing traffic counts for a rapidly growing area in middle Georgia, GADOT finally has come up with THEhuge idea to fix the one of the major traffic issuesof the area. Plus it solves the issue of widening onI-16 and I-75. The US 129 / Spring St, Colisium Driveand Second St interstate access and merge problemswill be solved effectively dispersing the trafficevenly on three raods from two. (MAjor reconstruction! Lots of fill needed.) HUGE NEWS!Can't wait to see the start... it may takes some timeto it is being address.

OTHER NEWS for MACON - I-75 will also be widened from Pierce to Arkwright Rd... not shown on the website. Meeting thurs at GAdot in Macon Riverside Dr. ThePierce RD current access will be removed from thesouthbound side of I-75. Rumors say there will be anew interchange a mile north... we'll see at the meeting and I'll forward the info to you. Northbound Pierce will be partially reconstructed but remain the same.

For more info, please click here for the official I-16/I-75 project website.

Having travelled this section of Georgia interstate off-an-on for years, I wholeheartedly agree that it is time for a major, major overhaul of the freeway system in Macon. IMHO, it has been extremely overdue for at least 20 years!!!

A very special "thank you" to Dino for sharing this info with the road enthusaist community and we look forward to further reports from him. :)

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting and please do so often.

No comments: