Thursday, August 03, 2006

The GA 400 Survival Kit

This afternoon as I was making my way toward home, the traffic on both I-285 outer loop and GA 400 northbound was horrendous... even more than usual!!!

Thankfully, I had my ham radio rig in the truck and QSOing (talking) with fellow hams David, Hutch, Marshall, and James on the Atlanta Radio Club's (ARC) 146.82 MHz repeater really helped make the ride a little more bearable.

During my QSO with David, he mentioned that he avoids GA 400 whenever possible and I can't blame him for doing so. He even (jokingly) had the idea of a "GA 400 survival kit" that would include provisions (food, water, etc.) for all those long times one spends in traffic on that infamous Metro Atlanta road.

While I may not literally pack provisions, I am thankful for my own "survival kit", my ham radio rig... and for all the hams I talk to on both the ARC repeater and the Sawnee Mountain Amateur Group's 147.15 MHz repeater. You guys are great!!! :)

That's all for now. I'm getting ready for tomorrow and I'll be going to bed soon.

Thanks, dear reader, for visiting, reading, and for all your support.

No comments: