Saturday, February 03, 2007

More Roadgeek Jukebox Plus Roadgeek Eats

Have you ever just gotten the urge to do something and felt you just had to get it out of your system?

Well, I put together another podcast (click on blog title to access it) talking about more "roadgeek jukebox" stuff, plus "roadgeek eats" to highlight a couple of our favorite places to eat while on the road.

One of those places is Cracker Barrel. Last Sunday after the storytelling festival in Kennesaw, Mary and I had dinner at the one on I-75 at Chastain Road (Exit 271). We've also eaten at their Morrow, GA (I-75 Exit 233), Brunswick, GA (I-95 Exit 36A), and Cleveland, TN (I-75 Exit 25), locations. They've opened a new one in Alpharetta just off US 19/GA 400 at Windward Parkway (Exit 11), and we plan to eat at that one as soon as we can.

My personal "guilty pleasure" is Georgia's own Waffle House. I'm not sure about other places, but here in the Atlanta area, there are stretches of road that have a Waffle House one mile (or less) away from each other. Am I complaining about that? Heck, no!!! They could build a whole mess of them next door to each other and I'd be extremely happy. :)

What are your favorite places to eat when you are on the road? Please e-mail them, plus your "roadgeek jukebox" favorites, to me at webmaster at georgiaroadgeek dot com. I'll even send you a "Georgia Road Geek" magnet (if you want one) as a token of my appreciation, plus give you a plug on both the podcast and the blog.

One more thing... if you look in the upper right-hand corner of this blogpage, you will notice a new section called "Steve's Shared Items", where I'll share some parts of my personal favorite blogs with y'all. The first "shared item" comes from fellow road enthusiast Adam Prince's "Sure, Why Not?" blog, featuring an Interstate 540 sign with the state name on it.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading and listening, and please do so often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I became so fed up with not only commercial radio, but also my cd collection (tired of listening to the same songs, fumbling to find a cd while driving, etc.), that I became a subscriber to XM Radio. During the 2005 State College Roadgeek Meeting, Corey (webmaster of http://www.delmarvahighways.com and I rode together from Delaware to PA all while listening to XM. I became hooked from that point on and have loved it ever since. There's nothing like listening to satellite radio when in the middle of the desert of high up in the Appalachians. Just my thoughts on roadgeek jukebox :o)