Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Clinched Interstates And Other News

First of all, thanks to J.T. Legg of Peach State Roads for the correction regarding Old Hull Road.

On my last blog, I posted an aerial photo of the northeastern corner of the Athens Perimeter and mistakenly noted US 29/GA 8 as having once used Old Hull Road as its original route. To read the history of the Athens Perimeter, please click here.

Finally, I am ready to debut my own Clinched Interstates Page on Tim Reichard's Central PA/MD Roads website. To see my page, please click here.

Thanks to Tim for all his hard work and for providing this wonderful service to the road enthusiast community. If you would like to create your own page, then please click here.

In other Georgia highway news...

- The Georgia DOT has erected and dedicated the first DUI victim memorial sign on I-16 near Statesboro. (I had just heard this on WSB-TV about an hour ago. If I find the article online, then I'll share it with y'all).

- At the I-85/GA 316 interchange, trees are being cut down in preparation for the renovation work. Please click here for the article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting and please do so often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also took the time and created a file for my own clinched Interstate list. Tim created a bang-up concept there and his maps, tables, and presentation is very nice!

Here's my list:
http://www.m-plex.com/roads/cmap/user/aaroads/