Saturday, April 01, 2006

Any Roadgeek Hams Out There?

Recently, I've been wondering if there are any road enthusiasts who are also licensed amateur (ham) radio operators.

My callsign in KC4AZO and I am an Advanced Class licensee (second-highest class available).

Even though I haven't been an active "ham", I've been contemplating dusting off the old 2m "handie-talkie" and getting back into the hobby at least in a limited capacity.

Anyhow, if you are a "ham", please let me know by e-mailing georgiaroadgeek at bellsouth dot net. I'm just curious as to how many "hams" read my blogs. :)

If you are interested in ham radio or otherwise just want to learn more about it, then please visit the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) website.

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting and please do so often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve!

As promised, I just wanted to let you know I dropped by. Roadgeek Ham? Now that's a new one for me! :+)

Congrats on your blog all your successes. I always enjoy our QSO's on the 2 meter band.

Regards,

Hutch
K4SQL

Anonymous said...

KC4VJO here, got my ticket while a Georgia Tech student on a work assignment in New Jersey. I'm a General, but have never been all that active I'm afraid to say.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was a while ago. I was a no-code tech when I commented here before. Now I'm an Extra and my call is AK4MC.