Friday, July 14, 2006

My News Interview

A couple of weeks ago, the Roswell Neighbor newspaper ran a solicitation asking people about their commutes on GA 400 and what they do in their vehicle during such times.

Since I drive up and down GA 400 to and from work, I sent them an e-mail talking about my ham radio and roadgeeking... and they wanted to hear more!!! :)

Last Wednesday, I had a noon phone interview Joan Durbin. We had a real nice chat about what ham radio is, what we talk about on the ham radio, and last, but not least, my roadgeeking and what it's all about. During our interview, Joan was browsing this blogsite plus my "clinched" Interstate page. She was very fascinated as to why I was a self-proclaimed "roadgeek" and what led me to become such.

At 4:30 PM that same day, I met up with Skip, one of their photographers, at the Mansell MARTA Park and Ride lot off Exit 8 (Mansell Road), and he rode with me up GA 400 to Exit 10 (GA 120/Old Milton Parkway) and back, taking tons of pictures of me talking on my 2m VHF ham radio and the traffic jam in front of me. Before I dropped Skip off back at the Mansell lot, I gave him my e-mail address so that he could send me the photo(s) that they will use in the Roswell Neighbor.

As soon as the article comes out, I'll let y'all know.

Many thanks to Joan and Skip for their interest and time, my fellow ham radio operators for our QSOs (conversations) while Skip took pictures, and finally, thanks to you for reading and supporting "The Georgia Road Geek".

That's all for now. Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: