Friday, October 13, 2006

Graffiti, "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!", and Hospitality

Graffiti On I-75/85 Overhead Signs

In this past week's Atlanta Journal-Constitution, there was an article about the rise of graffiti on the overhead signs on Atlanta's Downtown Connector (I-75/85).

Please click here to read the full article.

The next thing I'm now waiting to hear about is one of these brain-dead idiots falling down onto the freeway and earning themselves a "Darwin Award" for such a colosssal act of stupidity. IMHO, if they survive the fall, then "Blue Collar" comic Bill Engvall should pay them a very special personal visit to give them their consolation prize... their own "sign" that says "I'M STUPID!". Please click here for a true "Darwin Award" freeway story.

Future "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" Episode Suggestion

A couple of days ago, while heading home from work through Downtown Alpharetta, I had QSO (conversation) with fellow ham operator Tom (a.k.a. "Mr. I HATE 400!") on the Sawnee Mountain repeater (147.15 MHz), who suggested that the next episode of "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" be shot on GA Highway 9 (Old US 19) in south Forsyth County.

Tom, thanks for the suggestion and always for the commentary regarding our "Beloved 400". :)

Speaking of GA 400...

GA 400 Dubbed "The Hospitality Highway"

Recently, on US 19/GA 400, new signs declaring the cities of of Roswell and Alpharetta, plus Forsyth County as "A Hospitality Highway Community". I've been meaning to get a picture for y'all, and as soon as I do, I'll post it.

This is an effort, spearheaded by Roswell and Alpharetta, to promote GA 400 from Roswell to Dahlonega, as a tourism corridor. To learn more about the "Hospitality Highway", please click here.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments: