Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving 2006

Dear Reader,

I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for you reading my blogs and for watching my "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" episodes.

This afternoon, to avoid the gridlock on the "top end" of I-285, I decided to venture up GA 141 through Gwinnett and the new City of Johns Creek in North Fulton County.

Once I reached McGinnis Ferry at the Fulton/Forsyth County line, I noticed that the construction signs have already been placed in preparation for widening GA 141 between there and GA 9.

Last weekend, the Georgia DOT had been doing work on the southbound lanes between Windward Parkway and Holcomb Bridge Roads, but unlike the northbound work, they only shifted traffic to the far left into the 2 new left lanes instead of fully opening all of them to traffic. They still need to finish placing the overhead gantries and signs on both sides, not to mention reactivating the traffic cameras, replace the message boards, and get the ramp meters up and running. Still no word yet from GDOT on the ramp meters and I still need to follow-up on it. If anyone in GDOT reads this and has the answer, then please feel free to let me know at webmaster at georgiaroadgeek dot com.

And finally, here's a picture that my self-proclaimed "leaf-freak" wife Mary took a few weeks ago along GA 400 southbound near I-85 as we were heading down to Columbus...

That's it for now. Thanks again for reading, for watching "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!", and may you and yours have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: