Friday, November 03, 2006

I-185 CLINCHED!!!

Mary and I are currently in Columbus, Georgia, and I am happy to report to y'all that at 5:45 PM this evening, I "clinched" I-185, and this will be featured on a future episode of "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" .

On our way to Columbus, we ate an early supper at Sprayberry's Barbecue off I-85 on GA 34 (Exit 47) near Newnan. Their most famous customer was the late columnist/humorist Lewis Grizzard, who always enjoyed eating there whenever he could. Having eaten there ourselves a few times since we've been together, Mary and I can definitely understand his love for their food. If you're in the area, we highly recommend you eat there and order their "Lewis Grizzard Special" (sandwich, onion rings, and brunswick stew combo plate).

Mary, my self-proclaimed "leaf-freak" wife, got some good photos of the fall leaves at various points during our trip. Once we get home, I'll share some of them with y'all.

Now that I've gotten I-185 "clinched", I just need to finish driving the following Georgia Interstates: I-20, I-24, I-59, I-95, I-516, and I-520.

For a map of the Georgia Interstate mileage I've accumulated so far, please click here.

If you want to learn more about Georgia's I-185, I highly recommend you visit the AARoads Southeast Roads I-185 website.

I've got to get out of this business center and go back to visiting my Toastmaster buddies (some of whom I haven't seen in eons). Thanks for reading and please come back again.

P.S. Thanks to my loving wife, Mary, for "proofreading" this blog. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless you are planning to go to the Savannah area, I-516 is a short stub of I-16 (I think it's only 6 or 7 miles long?). So the next time that you're there, drive it. It will only take you 5 minutes seeing as it starts and ends at GA-21.

Anonymous said...

I should've included I-520 in that last comment as well. It's a short interstate as well and it takes you into the downtown Augusta area before heading to South Carolina. Very pretty area over that way.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your clinched Interstates map and you are really being teased by the small segments that you need!

Last weekend took me through Savannah twice, and I got to see Interstate 516 (a road I used to ride upon a lot when I was a kid) yet again. Interstate 520 is a good one to have waited for, as it extends into South Carolina as of 2004. They are going to take it all the way back to Interstate 20 by 2009 or 2010 in SC.