Thursday, November 02, 2006

GA 400 Widening Status Report

Several weeks ago, the Georgia DOT assured us that the US 19/GA 400 widening from Holcomb Bridge Road (Exit 7) to Windward Parkway (Exit 11) would be complete on October 31st... but due to the contractor's Jersey barriers having issues with bad concrete and their having to repair sections, it still isn't over. Best case scenario as of now is that this particular section will be ready by the end of this month. The entire widening project up to McFarland Parkway (Exit 12) in Forsyth County is supposed to be completed by the first of April, but we'll see.

Tomorrow (Friday), Mary and I are going down to Columbus for the annual Georgia Toastmasters Fall Conference, where we'll be in charge of the credentials desk (sort of like the poll workers at a voting precinct in the "real world"). Our job, like the poll workers, is to verify that those representing the 200+ Toastmasters Clubs throughout Georgia who check in are eligible to vote and issue them their voting credentials for the Saturday business meeting.

Roadgeekwise, my primary mission in Columbus will be to "clinch" I-185 once and for all. I hope to catch it on video for a future "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!" episode, and if I do, I'll get it produced and uploaded for y'all as soon as possible. I'll also see about getting some road and/or sign photos.

Speaking of "ROADGEEK-CAM!!!"... a couple of days ago, I took my Florida video clips, produced it, and put it on the website. Please click here to see it. (NOTE: DSL-or-faster connection recommended.)

Finally, Adam Prince of Gribble Nation will soon feature my colored US 98 sign photo on their Florida section. Thanks, Adam, for asking and I look forward to seeing it there.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and please come back again.

No comments: