Monday, March 13, 2006

I Saw Alligators On GA 400

Yes, it's true, folks.... I saw me some alligators on GA 400... right there in the northbound lanes at Abernathy Road.

Now these weren't your garden variety alligators... no sir/no ma'am... they were big and mean and made of vulcanized rubber and steel. :)

I remember when I saw these "alligators" on I-75 in Florida and I said to my wife while I was driving, "Look... Alligators!!!". She said, "Huh?", and I said, "Yep.... thems be alligators."

Just before my wife, a Florida native, thought I'd totally flipped, I explained to her that these "alligators" were the huge shreds of tire tread littering the highway from blown-out tires.

Speaking of GA 400, the construction crews have the entire median torn up between Holcomb Bridge and Mansell Roads, plus the shoulders from Windward Parkway to McFarland Road.
(See the GA 400 construction videos from last week.)

In other Georgia road news....

Field Day For "Big Roads"

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution had an interesting article about the field day that "big roads" (contractors) are having here in Georgia with the GA 400 and I-85/GA 316 construction, not to mention the first approved public-private initiative for I-75/I-575 in Cobb and Cherokee Counties. Please click here to read the article.

Eisenhower Parkway Extension

In Macon (Bibb County), part of the overall Fall Line Freeway (Future GA 540) plan is an extension of Eisenhower Parkway (US 80) . Click here for a Georgia DOT handout from their last public hearing held February 7th. For overall info, please visit the Eisenhower Parkway Extension website.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and please visit often.

No comments: