Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Roadgeek Test

How much of a roadgeek are you?

Here's a little gem I found on misc.transport.road... The Great American Highways Quiz.

To take this quiz, please click here.

I had taken the quiz and got 8 of 10 correct. The ones I missed were the total number of rest areas on the Interstates and the very first Interstate route.

As for Georgia road news, I found a very interesting article regarding the plans to change GA 9 through Alpharetta and how city leaders want to be involved in Georgia DOT's planning process. Please click here to read the article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

I travel this stretch most days when I head home from work, and during rush hour, it gets extremely congested from Old Milton Parkway (GA 120) northward to Milton Avenue (at Alpharetta City Hall). Hopefully, GDOT and the City of Alpharetta can hammer out some kind of agreement for the benefit of both the traveling public and their downtown area... but we'll see. (I could go on another "too much development" tirade, but I've beaten that horse to death already.)

Hope you enjoyed both the test and the article, thanks for visiting, and please come again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I scored equally and missed the same questions on that "roadgeek" quiz. I guess we're even :-D Damn I wish we could sit down and have a thorough discussion on Georgia roads. Regarding road meets, however, no current plans, though I'm up for discussion about it.