Friday, September 08, 2006

Coming Soon... ROADGEEK-CAM!!!

Soon, "The Georgia Road Geek" will be bringing you another new feature... ROADGEEK-CAM!!!

This afternoon on GA 400 as I headed home from work, I took our "cheapie" digital camera (as opposed to the "good" Nikon one we usually use) and shot some videos of the construction and the traffic. For a preview of "Roadgeek-Cam" (DSL-or-better connection recommended), please click here.

The idea for "Roadgeek-Cam" came to me yesterday as I was talking to fellow ham operator (and part-time independent movie producer) Hutch on the Atlanta Radio Club's 146.82 MHz (-) repeater. I can't remember what prompted the conversation, but we, Nigel, and Jim all got to discussing road videos on the Internet. In any event, thanks to Hutch for the inspiration. :)

My wife needs the computer to get some stuff done for a class she'll be teaching tomorrow, so that's all for now.

Thanks for visiting and please do so often.

No comments: